In Rope 110: The Basics, we will learn the fundamentals of rope or shibari, including consent & negotiation, general rope safety, the differences between multiple types of rope, and some common knots. This class is ideal for students with no previous rope experience. This is a stand-alone class; for our four-part beginner series, please see our event listing here.
Our Bedroom Bondage class is for advanced beginners and higher. In this class, we will teach you ties that you can use in the bedroom to create exposure and vulnerability, as well as how to move your partner around using these ties. The prerequisites for this class are a solid, non-collapsing single column tie and widely used hitches, including half hitches and munter hitches. You can find tutorials for these on The Duchy, Rope365, Shibari Study, and our YouTube tutorial on single column ties.
The classes will run from 12:30-2:00. Following that, we will have our normal free time (2:00-3:30). You can socialize, have scenes, practice tying, or use one of the rigs. If you do a suspension, you must be familiar with tying harnesses, hangers, and uplines, as we cannot guarantee that there will be someone knowledgeable to supervise or help you.
We are implementing a maximum capacity of 24 attendees due to limited space, so if you want to come, you should quickly reserve your tickets online. You can reserve a ticket online and pay for it an alternate way if you want to avoid this site's processing fees; just select the appropriate ticket and pay for it using one of the other methods listed.
Some other notes for the group:
- Please review our group rules. You can also print and sign our Liability Waiver and Code of Conduct Agreement from the same page on our website. If you don't, we'll have you sign them when you check in.
- Bring a blanket or yoga mat to sit or tie on, if desired, as well as water, rope, and safety shears. There are a few chairs. We will have loaner rope available to borrow if you don't own any.
- Dress comfortably in clothing that isn't too loose or flowy and still permits a full range of motion (many people wear workout clothing). Vanilla to the door, no nudity inside; genitals and anuses must be covered.
- You can come alone or with a partner, but we won't match up single attendees for you. You can pair yourselves up if desired.
- All attendees are required to be vaccinated against COVID, and WE WILL CHECK YOUR ID AND PROOF OF VACCINATION AT THE DOOR. If you can't be vaccinated for legitimate reasons, please reach out to us beforehand. You can securely send photos of your ID and vax card to Cait (firstname.lastname@example.org) ahead of time if you'd like.
- Please don't attend if you're feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 (review symptoms here). If you can't attend due to illness, we'll refund your tickets fully.
- You can start arriving at 12:00. Please try to arrive early! We will be closing the doors at 12:30 and making opening remarks so we can start ASAP. If you know you're going to be late, please text Cait at (207) 558-2930.
- No guns or other weapons are allowed on the premises.
- There is no smoking indoors. Please step outside to smoke.
- Use of drugs and/or alcohol is not allowed. If you are suspected to be under the influence, you will be ejected from the event without a refund.
- We strive to make rope education accessible to everyone. If the ticket cost isn't feasible or would create undue hardship for you, please contact us and we can work something out!
If you have any other questions, please reach out to us! You can also contact @ropespaced (Cait) or @Griffin207 (Jack) on FetLife. Otherwise, we hope to see you there!