This series of classes is aimed at beginners. For a more intermediate-level class, please see the listing for our September class.
In this 4-part series, we will take you from a rope bondage beginner to tying your partner in fun, restrictive floor ties. The series consists of four classes:
- Rope 100: General Rope Safety and Rope 110: The Basics. In this class, we will learn the basics of consent & negotiation, general rope safety, the differences between multiple types of rope, and some common knots.
- Rope 111: Beyond the Basics In this class, we will learn some more common knots and some very simple harnesses.
- Rope 112: Hitches & Frictions Hitches & frictions can be thought of as the building blocks of rope; they each have a specific function and role in building your harness. We will learn the most common hitches and frictions.
- Rope 113: Putting It All Together Now that you have the fundamentals down, let's learn some of the fun ways we can use them, including how to create a bondage classic: the hogtie.
You can attend any of the classes individually for $15/tying pair per class or $50 for all 4 classes (a savings of $10). If you want to avoid paying the processing fees charged by Forbidden Tickets, please select the "free" ticket you wish to buy and indicate in the comments section which payment method you'd like to use. We accept cash, checks, debit/credit cards, Venmo (@ropespaced), PayPal (@ropespaced), or Cashapp ($ropespaced).
We are limiting attendance to 4 tying pairs. We strongly recommend that you bring a partner to practice on, as not everything we teach will be self-tie-friendly.
Each class is 2 hours long and does not include time to practice after class. Each class is scheduled 2 weeks apart to give you time to practice the skills you learned at home.
Some other notes for the group:
- Please review our group rules. You can also print and sign our Liability Waiver and Code of Conduct Agreement from the same page on our website. If you don't, we'll have you sign them when you check in.
- Bring a blanket or yoga mat to sit or tie on, if desired, as well as water, rope, and safety shears. There are a few chairs. We will have loaner rope available to borrow if you don't own any.
- Dress comfortably in clothing that isn't too loose or flowy and still permits a full range of motion (many people wear workout clothing). Vanilla to the door, no nudity inside; genitals must be covered.
- All attendees are required to be vaccinated against COVID, and we will check your ID and proof of vaccination at the door. If you can't be vaccinated for legitimate reasons, please reach out to us beforehand.
- Please don't attend if you're feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 (review symptoms here). If you can't attend due to illness, we'll refund your tickets fully.
-You can start arriving after 6:00 PM. Please try to arrive early! We will be closing the doors at 6:30; if you arrive after the door is locked, please ring the doorbell. If you know you're going to be late, please text Cait at (207) 558-2930.
If you have any other questions, please reach out to us! You can also contact @ropespaced (Cait) or @Griffin207 (Jack) on FetLife. Otherwise, we hope to see you there!